This month we will be highlighting Jacey Lambros. Check out the blog for the month of November to get to know more about our Head Trainer at Body By Simone.
1. Where are you from and how long have you lived in NYC?
I moved from Oneonta, NY to Jersey City, NJ eleven years ago. I love being able to step away from the hustle and bustle of the big apple and into my quiet neighborhood of downtown Jersey City.
2. When did you first start dancing, where, etc?
I put my dancing career on hold for a college degree in psychology. The day after I graduated I headed to NYC to audition. I landed a job as a dancer for the NBA New Jersey Nets as my first professional dancing gig. That is what originally led me to residing on the Jersey side of the Hudson. From the NBA I transitioned to the commercial dance world and the Radio City Rockettes.
3. If you were to have any job other than your current one, what would it be?
Well since I’ve fulfilled my dancing dreams, and since I’m living my current dream, this is a tough one. I’d love to someday be a school psychologist. I’ve always wanted to work in the public school system.
4. Name one of your favorite things to do/see in NYC.
I love walking the Highline, there is so much to see. I love trying out new restaurants and bars.
5. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
I’d have to say Austrailia and not just because of the BBS Austrailian family. There is something so amazing about feeling so close yet so far away. The beaches are breath taking and the culture is so healthy and environmentally aware.
6. Who would play in a movie about your life?
I want to say Zooey DeChanel but I’m not that quirky cool. Maybe Kristin Stewart or Ashley Greene.
7. What is one of your guilty pleasures? I can’t pick just one.
Wine & Pizza
8. Name one thing on your bucket list?
9. What do you do to relax?
Relax, what’s that. When I have the chance, which isn’t often I try to spend time in my new home. I love having all my local girlfriends over for dinner.
10. What is your favorite thing about BBS?
Hands down the camaraderie. The relationships are what keep me motivated and inspired. It also feels like an extension of my life as a Rockette having so many beautiful friendships with so many women.